Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Wrap- Up

A few final projects have been finished around here that I wanted to share.

First of all, the tree

I know right about now you are noticing a distinct lack of ribbon-y goodness. Hobby Lobby never restocked the ribbon I initially chose, forcing me to select another ribbon. I bought all they had and was certain it would be enough. Insert loud game show "wrong answer" sound here. 
I just threw in the towel and used what I had purchased, even though it wasn't really enough. Since its pushed into the corner you don't really notice how badly it needs more ribbon. Well, I do, but I have been assured it looks fine by my husband, who doesn't really care about decorating in any way, so I am sure it's true:) 

Here it is all lit up at night


Another project that was left until the last minute was decorating the outside of our house. I know I mentioned using tomato cages to make outdoor decorations, but um, yeah. That didn't happen. Maybe next year. What did happen was one morning I took garden shears to the Leyland Cyprus, pricker bush, and grasses in our yard and stuck the clippings into the plain green wreath and empty planters around the front door. 


It was free decorating at its finest. Its not perfect, but I think I like it. 
I won't mention that less than 24 hours after taking these pictures the wreath was tossed off the door during a huge wind storm and all the clippings I should have wired in but didn't were strewn about the yard. Nope, won't mention it at all. 

Merry Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment