Friday, October 1, 2010

A reason to run, not walk, to the Dollar Tree

A post also known as- Finally! An idea I came up with myself.

To be then subtitled- It is impossible to properly capture glitter with a camera lens

Dollar store craft ideas are all over the web right now. I have been inspired to take one on myself. Here is what I came up with:



Here is what you need to make a Not-So-Scary Spider

 A lovely, fresh from the dollar store large scale spider


Some kind of glue, a paint brush, plate, and glitter.
I also used my self healing mat to catch the drips and excess glue. 

I didn't take an action shots of the process, but I am sure you get the gist.

1. Water down glue slightly
2. Brush mixture over the spider, working in sections
3.Coat in glitter
4. Wait until dry
5. Brush off excess glitter

Difficult? Tutorial even needed? Nope.

But the end result is soooo much better than where we began

This


                                                                        Came from this

Much less gruesome looking, don't you think? After all, what could possibly look scary after being coated in glitter? Now, don't go googling that and proving me wrong, you hear? 


1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through links. Love it!
    If you would ever like to be featured on envymycooking than come check us out. All we ask is that you become a follower than email us either a recipe, a find, or a picture of your kitchen. We hope that you will let us feature you!!!!

    ReplyDelete